Tips for Healthier Nail Care: Dos and Don’ts
Having beautiful fingernails is something everyone wants because it reflects their general health and well being. However, many people don’t know that some vitamins and supplements like silica, biotin and Vitamin D are essential to their nails. Everyone should include these into their regular diet.
Apart from choosing a supplement rich in Biotin and Vitamin D, you can stick to the following dos and don’ts to make sure that your nails look amazing:
Nail Care Dos
- Keep them clean and dry: Leaving your nails dirty and moist means creating the ideal conditions for bacteria to grow under your nails. Besides, prolonged and repeated contact with water causes the nails to become fragile and they break easily.
- Use moisturizers: Moisturizers help the nails look fresh and healthy.
- Apply nail hardener: If your nails are very soft, then using a nail hardener will strengthen them and prevent them from breaking.
- Get biotin supplements: Research proves that biotin like Miraclemed’s Biotin Forte makes the nails less brittle by providing nutritional needs for the nail bed and cuticle.
Nail Care Don’ts
- Do not bite your nails or pick the cuticle: This habit damages and weakens the nail bed. If you don’t take care, fungi can enter and cause infection
- Do not ignore problems: If you feel something is wrong with your nail, do not ignore the problem and get advice from a dermatologist immediately
- Don’t pull hangnails: When the nail rips off due to injuries, do not pull off the hangnail. This will increase the risk of infections.
- Do not use bad nail care products: Too much use of nail polish removers or expired nail care products can weaken your nails.
Don’t let bad nails damage your beauty profile and threaten your health. Nail care is easy and doesn’t take much of your time, so pay more attention to them by applying these simple tips.