Many moms today have experience with the beauty products that have come and gone over the last couple of decades. Even grandmas have some great advice that we can learn from, since they’ve seen all the trends and know what’s important. Many of their words of wisdom aren’t about products, either. Much of Mom’s best advice is about good habits that will keep your hair, skin and nails healthy and strong without breaking the bank.
Mom’s first tip is always to eat right and to eat your vegetables. Vitamins and minerals are essential for looking great, so your cells have all the materials they need to be vibrant-looking. Plus, you need plenty of protein for your tissues to keep growing. Many people skip out on the higher protein foods, thinking they are unhealthy, but that’s just the opposite of what they need. Hair, skin and nails are primarily made of proteins, so when Mom says you need some chicken or steak, she’s on to something.
Even when you do eat right, it’s hard to get enough of the vitamins that help your hair and nails to grow, as well as keep your skin looking soft and bright. Aim for a multivitamin that contains biotin, since that’s one of the most important ones we often miss. Biotin helps to keep hair growing fast and thick, and can protect against premature graying. Also look for vitamins A and E when choosing your supplements, since they work together to improve the health of our skin and hair.
Mom also always said to quit picking. Touching our face often can lead to transferring dirt and excess oils onto our skin, which can create the perfect conditions for acne. Picking at acne and blackheads can lead to infections, inflammation, and scarring, and that’s something we’d all like to avoid. Constantly twirling hair can cause breakage too, and the same is true with keeping our hair tied too tight. Brushing hair only when it’s dry is a key piece of mom advice, since hair breaks more easily when it’s wet.
Some of the other great tips Mom wishes we’d listen to are to use moderation in our routines, like not using too much makeup, and to choose a natural moisturizer every time we get out of the shower. Grandma also teaches us to save money where we can, but sometimes, when we want to splurge, to do it right.
There’s really no substitute for great health and an amazing appearance, which begins with stunning hair. Try biotin and the other tips above and see for yourself if Mom was right.
Most health-conscious people know that Biotin plays an important role in keeping the skin looking vibrant, elastic and youthful. Fresh, clean skin gives you confidence and a great look.
Why? Biotin improves the metabolism of fats and amino acids in our body and facilitates skin growth. It also improves the generation of fatty acids. As you can imagine, something that gives a powerful boost to our metabolism is sure to improve the skin as well.
Biotin’s Important Role in Skin Care
Apart from this main benefit, Biotin also helps create healthier skin by facilitating the following:
- Controls blood sugar levels: Biotin plays a major role in disintegrating carbohydrates in the body. By doing so, it helps keep blood sugar inside the appropriate ranges. This is why doctors prescribe Biotin for diabetic patients.
- Improved metabolism: Biotin also metabolizes protein, carbohydrates and fat. If the biotin levels in your body are not adequate, your body will not metabolize food as quickly as it should. If you have poor metabolism, your physician might prescribe supplements with biotin. For people working on weight loss, biotin helps speed up the process of shedding pounds.
- Improves healing and prevents scars: Biotin is found in many massage oils because it moisturizes and heals the skin. This makes ugly scars and cuts become less prominent on your skin over time.
- Enhances beauty: By making your skin wrinkle-free and increasing the glow of your skin, biotin makes you look superbly fresh all the time.
- Stimulates nail and hair growth: Biotin boosts hair growth and hair tone, and it improves the health of your nails as well. Healthy hair, nails and skin make you look younger and feel better too.
- Prevents aging “cues”: As biotin improves the health of your skin, wrinkles lessen and then become almost invisible with time. This helps you look younger and radiant for all to see.
Knowing the benefits of biotin helps you pay more attention to your diet.
Eat fruits and vegetables that naturally have enough biotin content, and try supplements that increase your daily Biotin intake.