Most health-conscious people know that Biotin plays an important role in keeping the skin looking vibrant, elastic and youthful. Fresh, clean skin gives you confidence and a great look.
Why? Biotin improves the metabolism of fats and amino acids in our body and facilitates skin growth. It also improves the generation of fatty acids. As you can imagine, something that gives a powerful boost to our metabolism is sure to improve the skin as well.
Biotin’s Important Role in Skin Care
Apart from this main benefit, Biotin also helps create healthier skin by facilitating the following:
- Controls blood sugar levels: Biotin plays a major role in disintegrating carbohydrates in the body. By doing so, it helps keep blood sugar inside the appropriate ranges. This is why doctors prescribe Biotin for diabetic patients.
- Improved metabolism: Biotin also metabolizes protein, carbohydrates and fat. If the biotin levels in your body are not adequate, your body will not metabolize food as quickly as it should. If you have poor metabolism, your physician might prescribe supplements with biotin. For people working on weight loss, biotin helps speed up the process of shedding pounds.
- Improves healing and prevents scars: Biotin is found in many massage oils because it moisturizes and heals the skin. This makes ugly scars and cuts become less prominent on your skin over time.
- Enhances beauty: By making your skin wrinkle-free and increasing the glow of your skin, biotin makes you look superbly fresh all the time.
- Stimulates nail and hair growth: Biotin boosts hair growth and hair tone, and it improves the health of your nails as well. Healthy hair, nails and skin make you look younger and feel better too.
- Prevents aging “cues”: As biotin improves the health of your skin, wrinkles lessen and then become almost invisible with time. This helps you look younger and radiant for all to see.
Knowing the benefits of biotin helps you pay more attention to your diet.
Eat fruits and vegetables that naturally have enough biotin content, and try supplements that increase your daily Biotin intake.
By taking regular care of your nails, you can make them look amazing and healthy. For that, you don’t need to visit the professional for a pedicure or manicure.
Of course, being over-aggressive and cleaning your nails too often can increase the risk of fungal and bacterial infections. Therefore, we suggest adding a biotin and/or bio-silica supplement to your daily diet: preferably one that includes Vitamin D as well. You can use this and other home remedies to maintain your nails on your own.
Biotin is good for nails
Miraclemed Biotin Forte helps make the nails super strong. This makes it easier for you to maintain them and grow them as long as you like. Weak nails tend to chip off or crack on the sides because they are not strong enough. Through Biotin supplements, you can help your nails become better.
Silica makes nails less brittle
In addition to biotin, taking Miraclemed Bio-Silica helps make the nail beds stronger and makes the nails less brittle. It also helps the nails by preventing their becoming too soft when they are exposed to water. If you keep your nails moist most of the time, it makes them prone to breaking and increases the risk of bacterial infections.
Protect the nails with polish
Using nail polish is not harmful for your nails, and it can actually make them stronger by protecting them from exposure to too much water. Polishing the nails helps prevent the risk of hangnails that result from accidental breaks in the nail. However, overusing nail polish is not a good idea. To remove polish, use acetone-free nail polish remover to protect your health.
Using gloves while washing dishes will also be a great idea. In addition, minimizing the use of manicures will also be helpful. Anytime you notice redness, irritation, itch, swelling, pus or pain near the nail, get treatment without delay.
Moisturize the cuticles
Sometimes, ignoring the dryness of the cuticles means increasing the risk of cuts and damage to the skin around the nails. This can lead to serious infection. Therefore, it is always a good idea to moisturize the cuticles as often as possible.
You can maintain the nails at home with these tips, without any hassle. And don’t forget your Biotin supplements!
While there are thousands of products online that will claim to make your hair healthier and prevent it falling out, one ingredient is not to be missed: Biotin. It can make your hair grow stronger, more vibrant and shine with beauty.
Research on biotin suggests that it supports healthy skin, hair, nails, metabolism and digestion in your body. It also regulates blood sugar when used in combination with chromium and can reduce unhealthy insulin resistance. This is good news for people suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. In the case of nails and hair, biotin improves the keratin infrastructure. When people are deficient in biotin, giving them biotin supplements leads to quick and marked improvement.
The daily biotin requirement of an adult’s body is 2.5mg (equivalent to 25000mcg). Some mild nutrient supplements that you will find in the market contain 500mcg of biotin. Those that are packed with more biotin such as Miraclemed’s Biotin Forte may have as much as 1000mcg or 5000mcg.
Pros of Biotin
If you ignore a biotin deficiency, you could be sorry. Biotin deficiency is no joke: it will cause you to lose hair because the hair roots will be very weak and your skin and nails could be damaged as well.
The pros of using a daily biotin supplement include:
- Easy to find and incorporate into your daily health regimen
- Improves transportation of carbon dioxide in the cells
- Facilitates energy processing in the body
- Strengthens the nail cuticles and hair
- Helps avoid skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and rashes
- Facilitates weight loss when paired with chromium because it makes breakdown of carbohydrates and fats quicker, and causes increased metabolic rate
- Regulates blood sugar
Other Tips for Biotin Sources
You can try other natural sources of biotin and include them into your daily diet. For example, consuming foods like Swiss chard, whole wheat bread, wheat germ, salmon, dairy milk and products, while chicken and eggs are also good sources. You can also find it in cereals, egg yolk, chocolate, milk, legumes, nuts, pork meat and in organ meat (like liver and kidney).
By adding natural sources of biotin or healthy biotin supplements into your daily routine, you can improve your hair and maintain its beauty. Be sure to look for supplements that add Vitamin D, which also improves neurological functioning and enhances the power of the biotin.
Having beautiful fingernails is something everyone wants because it reflects their general health and well being. However, many people don’t know that some vitamins and supplements like silica, biotin and Vitamin D are essential to their nails. Everyone should include these into their regular diet.
Apart from choosing a supplement rich in Biotin and Vitamin D, you can stick to the following dos and don’ts to make sure that your nails look amazing:
Nail Care Dos
- Keep them clean and dry: Leaving your nails dirty and moist means creating the ideal conditions for bacteria to grow under your nails. Besides, prolonged and repeated contact with water causes the nails to become fragile and they break easily.
- Use moisturizers: Moisturizers help the nails look fresh and healthy.
- Apply nail hardener: If your nails are very soft, then using a nail hardener will strengthen them and prevent them from breaking.
- Get biotin supplements: Research proves that biotin like Miraclemed’s Biotin Forte makes the nails less brittle by providing nutritional needs for the nail bed and cuticle.
Nail Care Don’ts
- Do not bite your nails or pick the cuticle: This habit damages and weakens the nail bed. If you don’t take care, fungi can enter and cause infection
- Do not ignore problems: If you feel something is wrong with your nail, do not ignore the problem and get advice from a dermatologist immediately
- Don’t pull hangnails: When the nail rips off due to injuries, do not pull off the hangnail. This will increase the risk of infections.
- Do not use bad nail care products: Too much use of nail polish removers or expired nail care products can weaken your nails.
Don’t let bad nails damage your beauty profile and threaten your health. Nail care is easy and doesn’t take much of your time, so pay more attention to them by applying these simple tips.